Saturday, April 18, 2015

Status: Who, what etc.

While I was writing the previous entry, I realized that a lot of things has changed since I started this blog. Therefore, I figured it was time to do another update on my status and what's going on in my life. All, or very nearly all, of this information can be found other places in this blog. I'm just gathering and updating it.

The name that I use on this blog is Sexy Blue. I'm a (cis-)woman, living in Oslo. I'm currently 29 years old. I started dating my now husband (called T) in 2005, which is ten years ago. No kids yet, nor any pets, but hopefully some day. I'm a state-employed councilor / case worker with a university degree. I speak four languages, and can understand bits and pieces of several other (related) languages.

I'm a nerd, and proud of it. I see learning as something that has value in itself, and not something that must always be done with some purpose in mind. I spend a lot of time on my computer and my PS3. I play games, both video games, board games, tabletop roleplaying games, among other things. I love to read, particularly fantasy and science fiction.

I strongly feel that religion is something you do and not something you believe. Most days I'm an agnostic, and I'm a practicing heathen. I care deeply about tolerance, equal rights and the importance of sex education. Even the most right-wing of Norway's political, parties are still to the left of the American left. And since I support the left side (though not the extreme left) of Norwegian politics, I'm politically somewhere far off-field in American terms.

I'm kinky, and BDSM is my kink of choice. For many years I identified as a switch, and although there's still a switch in me somewhere, I'm 95% dominant now. I'm also a top, which I wrote about earlier today. I've been more or less part of the Norwegian BDSM scene since I turned 18, which is over 11 years ago now. I love bondage, sensory deprivation, tease&denial, and I enjoy chastity play. I'm also a sadist. Giving pain is fun and it turns me on, but consent and communication are must-haves when I play.

I have a lover, boyfriend, sub and friend whom I call Saint. He is mine, and I love him. I split my week, spending some nights at his place and some nights at home with T. T has a girlfriend, lover, sub and friend, whom I've nicknamed Beauty (because she is beautiful, though she's also clever, funny, brave and kind). She lives in another part of the country, but they still try to see each other once a month or so. She's a great person, and the two of us get along splendidly. I even wore a necklace she gave me at a formal dinner with my relatives (who know nothing of any of this). It amused T and I to no end. 

We're a big, happy, somewhat unusual family. Every day we struggle against what society tells us is the right way to do things, and we all agree that this way of life might not last forever. But what does? This is working for us now, and it has been for over a year. As long as all parties involved are happy, I see no harm in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment