Thursday, May 26, 2022

Two months on testosterone: A summary

There's definitely stuff happening in my body, and it's fascinating to observe. After bleeding for a MONTH, I was advised by the gender doctor to increase my dose of testosterone. So I did. New bloodwork due on Monday, curious to see if I'm still within acceptable levels or if I need to decrease the dose somewhat. I had hoped that my periods had stopped after I increased the dose, but they hadn't. Fingers crossed they'll stop within the next few months. 

My sex drive was super high for the first few weeks, but then about a month ago I got sick. It was either the flu or a really bad cold. I ended up needing prednisolon from my doctor, because my asthma was getting out of hand. The virus gave me two, almost three weeks of fever, a bad cough, and my voice disappeared completely for a week-and-a-half. I could barely whisper. It gradually came back after that, but I still don't feel completely well. 

My sex drive disappeared when the infection hit, and hasn't returned properly yet. I occasionally feel like having sex or masturbating, but it's not that constant itch that it was before. It feels... Weird. I don't feel like myself. Bottom growth seems to have slowed down a bit, but comparing pictures from the last few weeks there's still changes going on. Fingers crossed the growth continues for a good, long while yet. I find I really want a proper "t-dick". I want to be able to jerk myself off, I want to be able to recieve blow jobs. I want strokers and other ftm sex toys to fit me. It doesn't freak me out at all, the positives seem to FAR outweigh any potential negatives.   

My voice is still affected by the infection, it doesn't feel or sound right and I get out of breath really easily.. But it's also definitely dropped. And I love that. I'm not completely within the male range yet, a good way from passing as a cisman on the phone or something.. But I can feel it deeper in my throat and chest. I'm super excited about this change, as my voice often makes me feel dysphoric.

The part I like the least so far is the pimples. I'm covered in pimples on my neck, the sides of my throat, on my temples and more. I've actually got a doctor's appointment tomorrow to ask his advice. Maybe there's something I can do to treat it. 

So yeah, that's a summary. I've two months and three days on testosterone, and (except from the pimples) I'm loving the process so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment