Thursday, June 4, 2020

Today, I love being poly

Where do I even start... Today has simply been really, really good. 

Life as a mom of two young kids isn't particularly sexy or glamorous. One or both kids are always at home and our apartment is ridiculously small. Most days go on rote, and there's little to no time for kink, sex or even cuddles with anyone. Not even that often with Saint, though we both wish for it. However, I was really craving cuddles and petting and being close to another consenting adult.

This is where being poly comes in REALLY handy. Saint could watch our youngest for a few hours (the eldest was in kindergarten), leaving me free to get physical with someone else. And like I've done around once per year since 2015, I hooked up with Arthur. He's a comet, in that we have an intense connection whenever we're together, but meet very infrequently. 

Another complicating factor is that I'm moving, with Saint and the kids, to another part of the country in just over three weeks. I really wanted to see Arthur before moving away, as I knew it would be a long time until we'd meet again. I'm really happy we got the opportunity to hook up today. 

So today.... Today was nice. There's no "if's or but's". Just really nice. 

Ever since I started flirting with Arthur, I've always had pretty nasty drops afterwards. This is mostly caused because he hasn't been capable of meeting my aftercare needs, and handling them alone is more challenging for me. I've been fully aware that this is what always happens, yet I've wanted to hook up with him anyway, because he's worth it. It's not a particularly pleasant thing, though. Drops never are. 

Today, I haven't dropped. And that was just the cherry on top of what had already been an amazing day with him: We experimented a lot, and we played harder and more intensely with stuff we already know we both enjoy. He dared to take even more initiative, even more control, and I've had a great time:

-We played a lot with power (like him holding me down, telling me to look at him etc). 
-We did a fair amount of breath play (though still far and wide within the boundaries that I consider safe-ish (no breath play can ever be completely safe)). 
-I got to suck his cock a lot, which I really love. 
-We tried the 69, which really isn't my favorite position, but we sort of made it work.
-We played a tiny with my my exhibitionism for the first time (him telling me to spread my legs, reminding me that he's watching me etc.), which was really interesting. 
-He played with my nipples a lot, hurting them, which was wonderful. (And my boobs getting fuller and fuller with breast milk as time progressed, wasn't actually a problem at all.) 
-And we cuddled and hugged and touched for practically the entire time I was with him.

I really needed this. A few hours away from the kids, where I could just focus on myself. I could be in the moment, not thinking or planning or worrying about anything, just enjoying myself and enjoying him. It's given me a mental and emotional boost, and I think experiences like this can make me both a better partner to Saint and a better mom to my kids. It certainly makes me feel better in my own skin, at least. This is how poly, at it's best, can work: It can make people better. 

Today, I love being poly. I feel such love and gratefulness towards Saint for accepting that I crave such experiences with someone other than him, and doing everything in his power to enable me. That's trust. That's compersion. That's love, in a poly relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment