Saturday, April 9, 2022

A man

At the end of the evening with Cord, we were cuddling and talking in bed. My mind was adrift, still pleasantly tired and numb from the post-orgasmic bliss. We'd just been talking about some guy he's seeing, and in my mind formulated the following sentence: "I wonder what the other guy is like?"

Other. Guy. 

Other. 

Implies I am one, too. 

I never asked that question, too stunned by my own... gender epiphany? gender evolution? gender crisis? Whatever it was, I realized that I now consider myself a man. I've never been comfortable with the term "man" before, nor "guy" or other similarly gendered terms. But now, all of a sudden, I am. 

I'm still non-binary, though. But now, more than ever, the quote from a friend on Discord holds true: "Nonbinary describes my masculinity, not my lack of it."

So there you have me. A nonbinary man.

That's new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment