Monday, January 2, 2023

I'm not broken, I just love sex

In January two years ago, I wrote about being on the hypersexual side of the spectrum. Reading that again now, I see a lot of shame in it. A worry that I'm broken, somehow, that having such a high sex drive was wrong in some way. 

I just listed to a podcast interviewing a well-known transman about sex and sexuality (with NO mention of him being trans, since that wasn't the topic. That was refreshing.). He talked about how sex is his a big part of his life, it makes him get up in the morning, it's a big interest of his. He'll have vanilla sex, kinky sex, sex with any gender, and just generally enjoys sex. He can have a spontaneous desire for sex and it can also be reactive, triggered by sensual touch or other stimuli. 

It seemed so natural when he said it, and I realized that I'm like that too. I've always had an interest in sex and sexuality, ever since I was a child. I've enjoyed learning about it, exploring it, reading about it... I think it could be called a special interest of mine. Both having sex (alone or with others) and learning about sex. 

Having sex is like hiking through the woods; You often walk the same path, but you almost always experience something new and exciting. Even if everything is the same, by hiking with a new partner you experience the path differently. Sometimes, you go a completely different route, and both the familiar and the new is well worth your time. Returning to an old path is also good, but it can never be exactly the same as it was when you were last there. It's an ever-changing landscape open for exploration and enjoyment. 

Sex is important to me, and I won't be ashamed of that interest any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment